The Oregon Chapter of the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (OACBS) is dedicated to the advancement of functional contextual cognitive and behavioral science and practice within Oregon so as to alleviate human suffering and advance human well being. OACBS seeks to:
- Create a welcoming and inclusive community in Oregon for professionals, students, and members of the public where the principles and practices of Contextual Behavioral Science (CBS) can be explored and further developed in a supportive, dynamic, and fun environment.
- Promote research and scholarship in Oregon that is focused on the development of a coherent and progressive science of human action that is more adequate to the challenges of the human condition.
- Function as a networking organization in Oregon for professionals across disciplines who embrace the principles and practices of CBS for the purposes of referrals as well as professional and scholarly collaboration.
- Organize and sponsor training events in Oregon to disseminate CBS principles and to provide opportunity for ongoing learning and skill development.
- Advise and influence political, legislative, and policy-making bodies with respect to matters pertaining to CBS in the state of Oregon
- Organize and sponsor forums, conferences, newsletters, journals, websites, list serves and other such activities for the accomplishment of the purposes of the organization
- Bring together a multidisciplinary community of scholars, researchers, educators, and practitioners in Oregon who will work in a collegial, open, self-critical, non-discriminatory, and mutually supportive ways to promote and further CBS and its applications.
Find out more about us by reading the By-Laws of OACBS and our Newsletters.